Saturday, October 1, 2011

Postcards Galore!

Private Swap from Japan

When I arrived home yesterday evening after a most dispiriting day at work there were nine postcards waiting for me. I was so happy! Especially when two of them turned out to be Jetoy cards from a wonderful girl in Japan who contacted me for a private swap via postcrossing. I absolutely love Jetoy and have always wanted my own and now at last my collection has begun. Kazue also has the great handwriting - so small (I am so jealous) and she used beautiful stamps on her cards .. see the two pictures below.

scan0021_a

Kazue posted all her postcards on the 22nd of September so they traveled for 9 days and covered a distance of 13058 kilometers or 8114 miles or 7051 nautical miles!

scan0021_b

It is very difficult to choose a favourite but in the end the stamp with the postbox wins!

Private Swap from Japan

Kazue writes that she has a black cat similar to the one in this picture and his name is Jehosua; he is named after the U2 album ^_^

Private Swap from Japan

What a wonderful generous person Kazue is .. she sent me three cards! This one I favourited after she had already picked it out to send to me. It is even better in real life than in a scan ^_^


Postcard via walltype from USA

I received two of this Jersey map card, one from barbiesoup and one from mywoodybird. Don't you just love the American State map cards? There is so much to look at! I didn't know Princeton was in New Jersey! There is info about the state on the back of the card. Their motto is 'Liberty and Prosperity' (a very good motto I think), their state flower is the violet, their tree is the Red Oak and their bird is the Eastern Goldfinch. I think both cards were posted on the 20th and they traveled 13353 kilometers or 8297 miles or 7210 nautical miles.

Stamps from BarbieSoup

Barbiesoup used these awesome Disney stamps and sent a hot air balloon sticker for my mom. Thank-you Barb!


Postcard via walltype from Germany

A postcard from Kirsten in Northern Germany. This picture shows the Rotes Kliffs near Kampen on Sylt. I looked it on wikipedia and Kampen is a resort town on the Island of Sylt off the North Coast.


Postcard via walltype from Malaysia

This brilliant card shows 8 species of bird found in Borneo and was sent by LittleBelle of Sarawak, Malaysia. I am not 100% sure when it was posted but the date looks like the 17th so it was in transit for 14 days and covered a distance of 9069 kilometers or 5636 miles or 4897 nautical miles. Thanks LittleBelle!


Postcard via walltype from Germany

Another postcard from Germany, this time from Katrin featuring a zeppelin. This is an amazing card. It looks like a photo but everything is just so perfect and real life is not perfect. Maybe it is an illustration by a very talented person!


Postcard via walltype from Romania

This is definitely one of the most eye catching postcards I have ever received. The knight and horse are glossy and the background with the castle and forest looks almost matt. Then there is the font chosen to write Bran Castle (I am a big font fanatic!), the stamps lilkillah chose and her AWESOME handwriting! *sigh* I would just love to have such neat writing - I have to content myself with pretending I am being artistic!

All the cards, except the three from Kazue in japan are via walltype. If you have never been to walltype please try it. I hope I see you there ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment